Honouring 32 Years
and Visionary Leadership
Dr. Dezsö J. Horváth, C.M., was first appointed Dean of the Schulich School of Business in 1988 and will complete his final term as Dean on June 30th, 2020, following more than three decades of extraordinary leadership and transformation.
In honour of his remarkable 32 years of service, excellence and innovation, a special tribute fund has been launched by alumni and friends.
Donations to the fund will support the creation of two prestigious awards for Schulich students who, like the Dean, demonstrate academic excellence, leadership and innovation, as well as a commitment to their community.
The two awards, known as the Dezsö J. Horváth Visionary Leadership Award and the Dezsö J. Horváth Emerging Leader Award, will pay tribute to the Dean’s success and impact. Gifts to the tribute fund will support the establishment of both a permanent endowment fund and an expendable fund.
To make your gift in honour of the Dean, please click here.
Every gift to this tribute fund will have significant impact and will recognize talented and deserving students.
The School is pleased to honour contributions to the fund by:
- Listing the donor’s name on a custom donor roll produced and displayed at upcoming events, both virtual and in-person, celebrating Dr. Horváth’s tenure and legacy.
- For alumni gifts of $1,000 or more, the donor’s name will be proudly and permanently recognized on the Schulich Alumni Donors Wall, located in the Seymour Schulich Building. Additionally, alumni donors will be enrolled in the Dean’s Society program for the year the donation was received.
- Gifts of $5,000 or more will be recognized on the Schulich Lifetime Giving Donor Wall, located in the Seymour Schulich Building.
- All donors will receive an annual update on the recipients of the awards/scholarship funded by the tribute fund.
- All donors will receive a charitable tax receipt for the full donation amount. Based in the USA, United Kingdom, or Hong Kong? Please contact us directly to receive instructions on how to make tax-deductible or tax-effective donations.
If you require any further assistance, please contact the Schulich Development Office at (416) 650-8050 or email@example.com.